Become a Volunteer!
Our volunteers are what makes our program possible! Whether you need volunteer hours for school, you love horses, or you want to make a difference, Upward Transitions is the perfect place to cover all three!!
We provide all the training you need so no prior horse experience is necessary, though we always welcome experienced horsemen and women.
Volunteer duties include:
- Prepare horses for lessons by grooming and tacking
- Help clean and prep barn, stalls, and arena
- Learn and use both English and Western saddles
- Work in the arena as a either a side-walker or horse leader
- Encourage our horses and riders before, during, and after lessons
- Attend trainings and other volunteer events
- Other help as needed
Our volunteers sign-up on a per-lesson basis and help with lessons on:
- Monday – Thursday 5:00-7:30pm
- Saturday 8:00am-12:00pm
The Fall 2021 Semester runs from September 18 – December 11, 2021.
- be responsible and reliable
- be at least 14 years old
- wear closed-toed shoes
- be able to walk for 60 minutes & jog short distances
There are two New Volunteer Training Sessions for our Fall 2021 Semester:
- Saturday, September 11 from 9am – 12pm
- Tuesday, September 14 from 5:30 – 8:30pm
For more information, please fill out the form below: