Become a Volunteer!
Our volunteers are what makes our program possible! Whether you need volunteer hours for school, you love horses, or you want to make a difference, Upward Transitions is the perfect place to cover all three!!
We provide all the training you need so no prior horse experience is necessary, though we always welcome experienced horsemen and women.
Volunteer duties include:
- Prepare horses for lessons by grooming and tacking
- Help clean and prep barn, stalls, and arena
- Learn and use both English and Western saddles
- Work in the arena as a either a side-walker or horse leader
- Encourage our horses and riders before, during, and after lessons
- Attend trainings and other volunteer events
- Other help as needed
Our volunteers sign-up to help with lessons on:
- Monday – Thursday 5:00-7:30pm
- Saturday 8:00am-12:00pm
The Fall 2022 Session runs from September 19 – December 10, 2022. There will be no lessons the weeks of October 24 and November 21.
- be responsible and reliable
- be at least 14 years old
- wear closed-toed shoes
- be able to walk for 60 minutes & jog short distances
New Volunteer Training takes place on Saturday, September 17, 2022 and is required for all new volunteers.
For more information, please fill out the form below: